… and Pizza, okay mostly Pizza.Weekends are for brunch, or bagels (or sometimes both). My perfect saturday starts with Murrays bagels and Walking Waffles (preferably in bare legs, come on Spring, get it together), aside from eating, I really don’t care what else we do – but I usually want a “real meal” (aka a blogger brunch that I spend 5 min gramming before eating and anger my brunch dates with) a few hours later. Some saturdays I stroll down 5th ave to max out my credit card, but I usually crawl back into bed post brunch & blog while catching up on TV from the week.
Sundays are another story, I usually sleep in longer than I should, and when the weather is warm enough I like to take Waffles on a long walk through the west village or stop by the dog park (I went last week with Olivia and her frenchie, Batman – check out her blog here). Sometimes we will do a little museam hopping or I head up town to meet my bestie Sheree on the upper west side for a girl date. Oh and as for brunch, I try not to go out and spend my rent money on avocado toast two days in a row, but sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.This weekend it’s supposed to be mid sixties and sunnies in NYC (finally) so as long as I didn’t totally just jinx it, here are 5 things to do this weekend.
1. Wander around the West Village – because the west village is the best village – shop bleecker street, grab a cupcake at magnolias and if you’re feeling really touristy you can pop onto the “carrie bradshaw” stoop and take a photo (see mine here)
2. Museum Hop – I love making a day of it at one museum, but visiting three to five in one day for a few hours each is way more fun. My favorite is the Met, not sure why but If you go you’ll have to check out the rooftop. I also really love the museum of natural history (because dinosaurs, duh) and getting to quote little tiny Owen Wilson from Night at the Museum always makes a trip more fun.
3. Brunch – oh hey, did you know i love brunch? My favorite spots are The Smile (where I always go with my good friend Cal), and the new Jacks Wife Freda in the West Village. Plus is you’re planning on gramming, Jacks has the best lighting… and yes, you can totally judge me for knowing these things.
4. Build a fort – because being seven is so much more fun than being twenty something, and NYC apartments are basically the size of a refrigerator box, so you’re basically half way there! The best way to spend a Saturday night after a long day out, is by staying in. Get a movie, pull out all of your sheets, grab your bestie, some flowers (for ambiance… duh) and start building. My best friend, Sheree and I love to try and fail at fort building – I’m no architect but I can build a mean living room teepee 😉
5. Get lost – take the train to a new (but safe) neighborhood that you never go to – I’m really bad about making it up town so I would go exploring on the upper east or west side – and just explore. Wander up and down the tree lined streets, try out a little coffee shop or two and google any cool buildings you come upon. Oh and if you want to get reaaaal deep on me, jam to some Chet Baker or something magical while you’re doing it – you’ll think you’re in a movie, I promise
Skirt – 424 Fifth Yellow Birdcage Skirt c/o
Sweater – Baby Blue J.crew Sweater
Denim Jacket – Cropped Boxy Jean Jacket
Shoes – Saucony Yellow Sneakers
Sunnies – Karen Walker Super Duper Sunglasses
Camera – Yellow Polaroid Camera Fuji Instamax Camera c/o
Lets be real, I work full time in addition to running this bad boy, so a good 95% of my weekends are spent blogging (and the other 5% usually involves brunching, all captured on instagram) but that doesn’t mean I don’t totally live for the weekends. Although I generally enjoy working in fashion from 9-5 (errr 9-8) I love running Color Me Courtney, so although the weekends are filled with “work” it doesn’t always feel like it, when you’re doing what you love. Anyways, if you do something fun this weekend, tell me so I can live vicariously!